Wednesday 2 August 2017

Lincoln in the Bardo

My Goodreads Review
Lincoln in the Bardo is both lovely and a marvel. The history is fascinating and the presentation of it is stylistically impressive. The book is life-affirming and if you have or are suffering from grief, the story is consoling. <br />I found the history fascinating b/c I've been researching some of the Civil War for my book on Mercy Coles's diary. (Miss Confederation The Diary of Mercy Anne Coles -- the young woman who accompanied her father, George Coles, one of the PEI Fathers of Confederation, to the talks on Confederation in 1864. She and her parents travel back thru the northern US in Nov - when Lincoln was re-elected and when General Sherman started his infamous March to the Sea. So it was really interesting for me to read more of the time period and the people and places of the Civil War.)

No comments:

Post a Comment